MOSAIC is a registered charity serving immigrant, newcomer and refugee communities in Greater Vancouver for the past 40 years.
Supported by a board of directors, the organization manages a $20 million plus budget annually with more than 300 staff, 450 volunteers and 300 contractors. Services are delivered from 26 client-accessible sites and include settlement assistance, English language training, employment programs, interpretation and translation, counselling services, and community outreach for families and individuals, including children, youth and seniors. MOSAIC also offers services for the LGBTQ and temporary foreign worker communities.
MOSAIC is one of the largest settlement organizations in Canada. Provincially, MOSAIC provides more employment supports and programs than any other immigrant serving organization in B.C. Our expertise in employment services resulted in MOSAIC being the only immigrant serving organization to be awarded a contract to deliver services through the B.C. Government’s Employment Program of B.C.
Empowering newcomers to fully participate in Canadian society.
- Excellence – We value the delivery of client-centred quality services to the community.
- Innovation – We value relevant and responsive services, embracing creativity and adaptability.
- Inclusion – We value and advocate for diverse voices in building community.
- Commitment – We value the passion and contributions of our staff, volunteers and clients in creating a just society.
- Integrity – We value accountability, transparency and ethical thoughtful decision-making.
MOSAIC has also parlayed its expertise into the development of its social enterprises:
- MOSAIC Interpretation and Translation Services is one of the largest services of its kind in Canada with 240 interpreters and translators working in 70 languages.
- Intercultural Competency Training helps groups, companies and organizations to successfully navigate and embrace the diverse cultural values and attitudes of their workforce and clientele. Customized training packages are available.
- MOSAIC English Language Institute offers professional language instruction to anyone wishing to improve their English language skills. Open to all –including visitors, international students, temporary foreign workers, immigrants or citizens.
- Canadian Language Benchmarks Placement Test measures English language proficiency, and will allow clients to know if their language skills are adequate for specific programs or courses requiring stated levels of fluency.
Since 2010, MOSAIC has been officially accredited with the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), to meet internationally recognized standards for health and human services providers. The visible symbol of the CARF Accreditation shows the organization’s commitment to continually enhance the quality of services and programs with a focus on the satisfaction of the persons served. The surveyors noted that:
- “It is evident that the rights of clients are respected and protected by staff members. A high level of dignity and respect is given to each and every client,”
- “MOSAIC has an effective blend of new and long-term staff members, representing outstanding diversity ethnically and culturally, who personalize services and model the harmonious diversity in Canada.”