About this award
Thanks to the generous support of the donors, the $1,300 Ann & Jo-Ann Sobkow Scholarship Award has been established to provide financial support to refugees aged 25 years and over for the advancement of their education in a helping profession.
The Ann & Jo-Ann Sobkow Award is meant to embrace diversity and its primary purpose is to support refugee student post-secondary education across Canada. Awards are to be used towards receiving post-secondary education in a helping profession (e.g. Education, health care, social work counselling, community development, etc.). The Award is in the amount of $1,300.
For more information on the Ann and Jo-Ann Sobkow Scholarship Award and the Donor memorial fund go to: Sobkow Award page.
The Awards Committee of MOSAIC Board of Directors will select awardees based on the criteria of financial need, merit, and acceptance by a Canadian post-secondary educational institution for an appropriate course or program of studies.
The award will be presented at MOSAIC’s Annual General Meeting (AGM).
Deadline June 19, 2020: Candidates must be nominated by a staff member of a community organization and complete application form. Click here to download the application form (PDF).
Completed application forms must be returned to MOSAIC via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 5575 Boundary Road, Vancouver, BC.
The following are preferences to be considered in the selection of successful candidates.
- Candidates will be refugees and currently residing in Canada.
- Candidates will be 25 years of age and over.
- Candidates will be undertaking education in a Canadian post-secondary institution in support of career transitions and/or Canadian accreditation for gainful employment, continued settlement and contributions in Canada.
- Candidates will be undertaking education in a helping profession (e.g. Education, health care, social work, counselling, community development, etc.).
- Selection will focus on people with high economic need.
- Candidates must provide proof of application to and/or enrolment in an appropriate program at a Canadian post-secondary institution.