What is a legacy?
A legacy is a gift of cash or personal property through a will from one generation to the next.
Legacy gift options
Thoughtfully planned gifts form the financial base for the future of support for newcomers at MOSAIC. Your legacy can take many forms. The most popular options are:
- RRSP/RRIF Funds: Designate all or some of these funds by signing a pre-printed form at your financial institution.
- Life Insurance: Use an unneeded policy or create a new policy to make a donation.
- Bequests: Make a gift to MOSAIC through your will (please see below for more information)
Why give a legacy?
Legacy giving is a wonderful way to support the things you care about most, now and after you’re gone. For many people, it is also an important part of their estate planning and signifies the vision and forethought of their values and beliefs. By including charitable gifts in your estate planning, you may also eliminate significant taxes payable upon your death.
Whatever your reason, creating a legacy gift for MOSAIC provides vital funding towards newcomer programs, support, advocacy and education to benefit future generations of new Canadians.
Thank you for considering a gift to support future generations of new Canadians through MOSAIC. We would be happy to give you information on the ways you can give, but we do not provide specific legal or financial advice. For help in preparing your gift, please consult a qualified professional.
The most common legacy gift, a charitable bequest, is a donation made through your Will. A bequest in your Will can create a lasting legacy to support the values most important to you.
A bequest is one of the easiest ways to plan a gift to MOSAIC. We have prepared sample wording for use by the lawyer or notary who drafts your Will.
- Give cash, an asset or a share of whatever remains after estate expenses and other bequests are paid from the estate.
- Set up a trust that pays income to a loved one for life with a gift of the remainder to the Society.
- Make your gift contingent — payable only if your other beneficiaries do not survive you.
An endowment can create a lasting legacy to continue your tradition of annual gifts to MOSAIC. If you plan to establish an endowment or to place any restrictions on your gift, please contact us before finalizing your Will to ensure that our organization can accommodate your wishes.
Please let us know if you have made the decision to support us. We do not need to know the specific details. And your gift may remain anonymous, if you wish. Being aware of your intentions allows us to include you in our initiatives, celebrations and events. Also, by allowing us to honour you publicly in ways that suit you, we hope that other supporters will also be inspired to leave a legacy to our organization.
If you wish, please consider completing our Bequest Confirmation Form and forward it to:
Corporate Partnerships & Social Investment
MOSAIC, 5575 Boundary Road, Vancouver, BC V5R 2P9