Spring and summer are always busy times for our team as we reach out to communities by participating in events.
Collingwood Days at the end of May has traditionally been the first major event each year that MOSAIC participates in and our presence and sponsorship was even more meaningful this year as our headquarters has just re-located to the Collingwood neighbourhood! We took to the stage to engage and interact with festival visitors by asking fun trivia about employment and settlement-related facts, with prizing for the right answers. At our booth, staff and volunteers handed out information and entertained with games and kids’ activities. Staff and volunteers enjoyed getting to know the residents of the community, and advising everyone about our move into the neighbourhood.
Here are other events MOSAIC will be attending this summer. If you are around, be sure to drop by!
- June 20: World Refugee Day at the Vancouver Public Library
- June 21: National Aboriginal Day at Trout Lake Park
- July 1: Canada Day at Edmonds Community Centre
- July 9: Car Free Day at Commercial Drive
- July 16: Edmonds City Fair & Classic Car Show
- July 22: North Burnaby Community Fair
- August 12: Victoria Drive Summer Multicultural Festival