About this program
Enhanced Settlement Services for Women (ESSW) is a unique program available for vulnerable newcomer women living in the Surrey area. Sometimes the settlement process can be hard on families, and newcomer women may find themselves faced with challenges and/or in an unhealthy relationship.
Our Women’s Support Worker provides:
- Comprehensive intake and needs assessment
- Basic counselling and emotional support
- Information and orientation
- Learning about community resources
- Referrals for additional support and services.
Additionally, qualified experts deliver monthly educational workshops.
Clients will have access to translated information and fact sheets to help make informed decisions, and assist in the settlement process.
You are welcome to participate if you are a newcomer woman residing in the Surrey area who facing challenges and/or in an unhealthy relationship.
How does it work?
- Clients meet with the Women’s Support Worker for a one- hour period
- Clients meet one-to-one with a Women’s Support Worker, and as a group
- Two-hour monthly workshops are scheduled to address different topics
- Languages used are English, Farsi and Dari
- Interpretation is available if there is a language barrier
- Information and fact sheets are available in various languages
- Childminding is available
- Bus Tickets are provided as necessary to travel to workshops
Monday – Friday 9 am – 5 pm
#200-7134 King George Blvd, Surrey, BC
Surround yourself with people who are only going to lift you higher.Anonymous