During COVID-19, the Men In Change Program remains committed to supporting men who want to take a step toward healthier relationships by preventing the reoccurrence of violence in their families. Services are available online and by phone – our priority is to provide meaningful support and to minimize social isolation during this difficult time:
- To register for counselling support and guidance, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 604-3684680, 9am-5pm on Tues, Wednesday and Saturdays
- Individual counselling support continues to be offered via phone for men who face language barriers and may need interpretation services
- Check out the MOSAIC event calendar for ongoing workshops
About this program
The Men in Change program focuses on preventing the occurrence or recurrence of domestic violence through supporting men to take responsibility for their actions and work toward changing their behaviour.
This program is available to men who want to take a step toward healthier relationships and helps participants to:
- Learn constructive ways to deal with conflict
- Identify personal triggers
- Develop stress management skills and strategies
- Move past aggression, to identify and express a fuller range of emotions
- Learn about the things that contribute to domestic violence
This program is offered in Vancouver (individual and group sessions) and Surrey (group sessions only) with different eligibility and language options. Please see below for details.
- Immigrant, refugee and visible minority men who have used or are at risk of using violence in relationships
- Have children under the age of 19
Individual assessments will be conducted to determine eligibility and admittance to the program.
Languages used in the sessions are English, Hindi, Punjabi and Urdu. Certified interpreters may be used for additional languages as needed.
Both individual and group sessions are available. Individual sessions take place during weekday office hours while group sessions generally take place in the evenings or during the weekends. Group sessions are three hours in length. There are a total of 12 group sessions.
5575 Boundary Rd.