About this program
The Newcomer Wellness Hub (NWH) is a unique, two-year-long project funded by Bell Let’s Talk that will provide newcomer youth, families, and seniors with culturally safe programming through multilingual counselling support, settlement and employment counselling, and various group activities to destigmatize mental health and provide community support. The Hub’s services are free and confidential.
- Multilingual clinical counselling
- Employment counselling
- English conversation circles with a mental health & wellbeing theme
- Soft-skills workshops
- Virtual chair yoga
- Settlement orientation sessions
- Expressive art therapy
How does it work?
- Call 236-878-4630 or fill out the referral form via this link
- Have a confidential conversation with the Program Coordinator
- Receive information on the available services and resources
- Get referred to the most appropriate resources for your needs
- Speak with a counsellor in English, Farsi, Dari, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Cantonese, Russian and Vietnamese
- Attend monthly workshops and weekly English Conversation Circles
- Cell phone/Internet subsidies are provided for low-income clients
- Bus tickets are provided if needed to travel to workshops and sessions
*Presently all services and workshops are provided online.
Permanent residents, refugee claimants, international students, migrant workers, and naturalized citizens.
The Newcomer Wellness Hub (NWH) is made available thanks to the support of Bell Let’s Talk.