About this program
There can be many causes and multiple triggers which can lead to relationship violence. This program is intended for men who have used violence in their relationships, and provides the participants with the knowledge and skills to eliminate or significantly reduce violence in the future.
The Relationship Violence Prevention Program-Cultural Edition (RVPP-CE) helps participants to:
- Learn constructive ways to deal with conflict
- Identify personal triggers
- Develop stress management skills and strategies
- Move past aggression, to identify and express a fuller range of emotions
- Learn about the things that contribute to domestic violence
Schedule & locations
Men will meet in group sessions which are three hours in length. There are a total of 17 sessions which take place usually during the evenings, or on weekends.
Sessions are available in both Vancouver and Surrey and languages spoken are English, Hindi and Punjabi. Certified interpreters may be available for additional languages as needed.
Multicultural men who have used violence in relationships and have been referred by their probation officers.
When you reach out to those in need, do not be surprised if the essential meaning of something occurs.Stephen Richards