About this program
MOSAIC, in partnership with Sprott Shaw College, is offering an amazing opportunity to you as an internationally-trained Health Care professional to become a certified Health Care Assistant and work in the industry.
This six-month program is designed to equip you with the knowledge, skills and experience necessary to be a successful Health Care Assistant in the Canadian workplace.
100% of recent graduates who were ready to work are now successfully employed in the field!
We offer you
- Enrollment in the Health Care Assistant program at Sprott Shaw College. We pay your tuition and program fees of approx. $10, 000.00
- Clinical and Practicum training
- Employment Assistance Services, Intercultural Competencies training, Job placement and post placement support
- Childcare and transportation support available to eligible participants (must prove eligibility)
Who is eligible?
In order to join CATE, you must:
- Have a Health Care background from outside Canada
- Be an immigrant/refugee (with proof of Permanent Resident status), or a Canadian citizen, and have been in Canada for 10 years or less.
- Have an English CLB level 7 in listening and speaking and CLB level 6 in reading and writing
- Be unemployed or underemployed (work less than 20 hours/week) and not eligible for Employment Insurance (EI)
We have closed the application process for 2017. You may still apply for the CATE Program and we will contact you if there is a new cohort in 2018.
- Grade 12 / GED or mature student status
- Admissions interview
- Successful mathematics and language entrance assessments at Sprott Shaw
- Proof of meeting English Language Competency Requirements
- A satisfactory certificate of health from a physician with a Physician’s Waiver
- Criminal Record Check
- Evidence of clear TB testing, no more than 3 months prior to acceptance
- Evidence of up-to-date immunizations
For more details visit https://sprottshaw.com/health/health-care-assistant-program-2/