About this program
MOSAIC, in partnership with Sprott Shaw College, is offering an amazing opportunity to you as an internationally-trained Health Care professional to become a certified Health Care Assistant and work in the industry.
This program is designed to equip you with the knowledge, skills and experience necessary to be a successful Health Care Assistant in the Canadian workplace.
100% of recent graduates who were ready to work are now successfully employed in the field!
We offer you
- Enrollment in the Health Care Assistant program at Sprott Shaw College. We pay your tuition and program fees of approx. $10, 000.00
- Clinical and Practicum training
- Employment Assistance Services, Intercultural Competencies training, Job placement and post placement support
- Childcare and transportation support available to eligible participants (must prove eligibility)
Who is eligible?
In order to join CATE, you must:
- Have a Health Care background from outside Canada
- Be an immigrant/refugee (with proof of Permanent Resident status), or a Canadian citizen, and have been in Canada for 10 years or less.
- Have an English CLB level 7 in listening and speaking and CLB level 6 in reading and writing
- Be unemployed or underemployed (work less than 20 hours/week) and not eligible for Employment Insurance (EI)
- Grade 12 / GED or mature student status
- Admissions interview
- Successful mathematics and language entrance assessments at Sprott Shaw
- Proof of meeting English Language Competency Requirements
- A satisfactory certificate of health from a physician with a Physician’s Waiver
- Criminal Record Check
- Evidence of clear TB testing, no more than 3 months prior to acceptance
- Evidence of up-to-date immunizations
For more details visit https://sprottshaw.com/health/health-care-assistant-program-2/