About this program
Career Paths Stream 1 is a program for skilled immigrants with education and experience in the business, administration and accounting fields.
Career Paths is designed to provide advanced level support (language, career planning and financial) to skilled newcomers, help them find a job that best suits their pre-arrival qualifications and gain Canadian work experience.
Our services include:
- Career planning
- Occupation Specific Language Training (OSLT) if eligible
- Financial support for Skills Enhancement Services (e.g. formal credential assessment, technical skills and academic upgrading, exam preparation, professional membership and recognition)
- Networking with professionals, employers and regulators
- Job search workshops
- Practicum and mentorship opportunities
How to register
Please complete our pre-screen questionnaire and then we will be in touch.
Who can join?
- Skilled immigrants with experience and education in the business, administration and accounting fields
- Permanent Residents (5 years or less)
- Living in British Columbia
- Unemployed or underemployed
- Over 3 years of pre-arrival experience or 1 year for youth (19-30 years old)
- English proficiency ≥ CLB 6
- Not receiving Employment Insurance (EI) or BC Employment & Assistance (BCEA)
Phone: 604 438 8214
5902 Kingsway, Burnaby V5J 1H2
Hours & days of operation
Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm