About this program
Career Paths Stream 2 & 3 is a program for skilled immigrants with education and experience in a regulated or unregulated occupation.
Career Paths is designed to provide advanced level support (career planning and financial) to skilled newcomers, help them find a job that best suits their pre-arrival qualifications and gain Canadian work experience.
Our services include:
- Career planning
- Financial support for Skills Enhancement Services (e.g. formal credential assessment, technical skills and academic upgrading, exam preparation, professional membership and recognition)
- Networking with professionals, employers and regulators
- Job search workshops
- Practicum and mentorship opportunities
Who can join?
- Permanent Residents (5 years or less)
- Currently living in Burnaby or New Westminster
- Skilled immigrants with over 3 years of pre-arrival experience or 1 year for youth (19-30 years old) in a regulated or unregulated occupation
In addition, applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Unemployed or underemployed (working more than 20 hours/week)
- English Proficiency ≥ CLB 6
- Not receiving Employment Insurance (EI) or BC Employment & Assistance (BCEA)
- Underemployed (working more than 20 hours/week)
- English Proficiency ≥ CLB 5
How to register
If you are interested in the program, please contact us at:
5902 Kingsway, Burnaby V5J 1H2
Hours & days of operation
Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm