There are a number of different techniques for work search, some are more effective than others. Dropping off hard-copy of your application in person is still acceptable (depending on the type of position you are applying for), but in most cases employers prefer to communicate via email or online application systems. In this section we focus on:
- Online Job Search
- Applications via Email
- Online Applications
- Online Preparation for Job Fairs
Networking and the Hidden Job Market
What is networking?
- Sharing knowledge and contacts
- Helping others
- Building relationships before you need them
- Getting the help you need when you need it
- Getting more done with less effort
Networking is the art of building and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships before you need them! Then when you need them, you know whom to call, and they will want to help you.