During COVID-19, we are providing services by phone, email and online.
About this program
Become a future builder as an Infrastructure Construction Craft Worker. Gain skills to work on large scale city infrastructure projects like provincial bridges and highways, city subways, and more. Our program can help you gain the skills, knowledge, and experience you need to work in a variety of industrial settings such as pipelines, utilities, shipyards, and mining.
- 3 weeks of employability skills training
- 4 weeks of occupational skills training (provided by Kwantlen Polytechnic University)
- 4 weeks of work experience with local employers
- Job search and follow-up support
- Earn certification as an Industry Training Authority (ITA) approved Construction Craft Worker (Labourer) Level 1
- Cost of training, including the use of building supplies, fully funded by the program
- Get connected with hundreds of employers through our partners at the BC Infrastructure Benefits (BCIB)
- Must be unemployed or precariously employed AND one of the following:
- Receiving EI or have had a claim in the last 5 years OR
- Have earned more than $2,000 in insurable earnings and paid employee EI premiums on those earnings in at least 5 of the last 10 years OR
- Be a BCEA client
- Must become case managed at a WorkBC Centre
- Must be interested in construction trades, and have the ability to lift 50 lbs
Note: Priority is given Youth, Immigrants, Women and workers laid off due to the pandemic.
- Program start date: July 19, 2021
- Program end date: October 8, 2021
Location: 5902 Kingsway, Burnaby BC, V5J 1H2
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday: 9:00am - 4:30pm