During COVID-19, we are providing services by phone, email and online. The best way to reach us is at 604.351.9665 or via email at email@example.com
Please note that the program is modified to accommodate Provincial social distancing and isolation guidelines.
About this program
F2M is for young newcomers who are looking for a rewarding career in the rapidly growing manufacturing field.
In partnership with Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters, participants will gain access to over 2500 leading employers in the sector. Through plant tour during the training, participants have opportunity to meet potential employers and see actual working environment.
After 6 weeks of PAID classroom training, all participants will be offered full-time permanent positions with one of the participating employers.
Join us every Wednesday for a free information session! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP.
Who is eligible?
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person (under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, S.C. 2001. C 27) legally entitled to work in Canada,
- Living in British Columbia,
- Not a full time student (i.e. not enrolled in high school or in post-secondary training),
- Not actively participating in another provincially or federally funded labour market program,
- Young adults aged 18 to 29, and
- Unemployed or underemployed
- 3 weeks of career working including:
- Job search, resume writing and interview skills
- Canadian workplace culture and communication
- Personal goal setting and decision making
- Individualized Training and Career Planning
- 3 weeks of Skills Training with Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters:
- Health and Safety\Reading Work Orders Schematics and Drawings
- Production Reports and Quality Assurance
- WHMIS & Occupational First Aid Level 1 Certificates
- Financial support
- Paid classroom training
- Transportation support
- Paid short term industrial standard certificates training
- Continued employment with 12 weeks of support from your career coach.