About this program
Many immigrants in BC are skilled and have experience in occupations where there are shortages of qualified workers.
The Fast-track to IT-Youth program supports eligible participants in obtaining work placements varying from 16 to 24 weeks in the IT sector. The program helps youth to gain valuable work experience and build confidence in their skills with the support of a workplace mentor to successfully transition into the Labour Market.
FIT-Youth program offers 20 work placements from 16 to 24 weeks in duration. Registration begins in July 2017.
Why Choose FIT-Youth
- Paid work experience in computer and Information Technology occupations
- Potential to be hired by employer (when work placement ends)
Limited spots are available!
You are eligible if you are:
- 15 to 30 years of age (at time of selection)
- A post-secondary graduate from an IT program
- Out of school
- Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Person on whom refugee status has been confirmed
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Not in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits
Benefits for Employers
- A wage subsidy provided by the federal government of up to 50% of the participant’s hourly wage
- Youth bring fresh perspectives, creativity, and diversity to the workplace