About this program
MOSAIC offers a unique program to help you achieve your career or business goals. Through our small loans (“Microloans”) program, you can extend your education, obtain professional accreditation, purchase equipment or start a new business.
We offer small loans which banks might not consider offering, helping you to become financially independent and more resilient.
Do you want to go back to school? Get a new certification to land a better job? Start your own small business? We can help.
Loan amount: $5,000
Interest rate: Prime rate + 3%
Length of term: 60 months
Approximate monthly payment: $110
Opportunities don’t happen, you create them.Chris Grosser
Who can apply?
In order to qualify for the MOSAIC Microloan program, you must:
- Be either a Permanent Resident or Naturalized Canadian Citizen
- Have proof of stable income (to support monthly repayment)
- Demonstrate how our loan would fast-track your business or career
Hours & days of operation
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, 8:30am – 4:00pm
Client will be referred to other providers that offer financial assistance to newcomers/immigrants if Micro-loan is deemed not suitable.
- Back-to-Work – skill upgrades, Canadian certification, short-term training in a new field. (Loan amount $500 to $7,500)
- Skilled Trade – for purchase of tools, equipment or materials to start working or to support a specific skill / trade. (Loan amount $500 to $7,500)
- Entrepreneurs – for established entrepreneurs (some business training and experience, a business plan) looking to start a new business. (Loan amount up to $50,000) Specific requirements for entrepreneurs include:
- At least one business owner enrolled in, or recently graduated from, a self-employment or pre-entrepreneurial training program
- Your business plan MUST BE reviewed by a business advisor (such as Small Business BC) before applying for this loan
- Email email@example.com or call 604-254-9626
- If you pass our pre-screening, we will schedule a 2-hour appointment to go over your documents. A MOSAIC career counsellor will work with you to create your microloan application
- Microloan applications will be sent to the Vancity Microloan Review Committee for final approval
Once the microloan application and proposal are submitted to Vancity for review, the processing time will take approximately 7-10 business days.