About this program
Pathways to Employment is a free 11-week program designed for newcomers who are interested in working in retail or office occupations. Participants learn effective job search strategies and workplace communication skills, gain training related to the retail or office field and have an opportunity for a 4-week work experience placement.
Pathways to Employment offers a dynamic and safe environment to clients share their experiences and boost their confidence while gaining the training and knowledge they need to succeed in a demanding and ever-changing labour market.
If you have been waiting for an opportunity to bring your career to the next level, we have a spot for you! Come and join our program, but remember seats are limited, so apply now.
Upcoming information sessions:
Date: Tuesday, December 13th, 2016 at 10am
Date: Tuesday, December 20th, 2016 at 10am
Address: 5902 Kingsway Burnaby, BC
Date: Friday, December 2nd, 2016 at 1pm
Date: Tuesday, December 6th, 2016 1pm
Address: 7134 King George Boulevard Surrey, BC
To register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is eligible?
- Be a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident and be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Currently reside in British Columbia.
- Not be a full-time student (i.e. not enrolled in high school or post-secondary training).
- At the time of training, not be participating in another provincial or federally funded labour market program.
- Participants must be Unemployed and Non EI Eligible.
How to apply
If you are interested in participating in Pathways to Employment, or have any questions, please email email@example.com.
- Workshops in job search strategies and workplace communications skills
- Certificates related to office and retail jobs
- 4 weeks of retail or office work experience