Immigrating to Canada?
Do you want to find a job in Canada? Our free Settlement Online Pre-Arrival (SOPA) courses can help!
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is providing this opportunity to help you arrive prepared for the Canadian workplace! If you are an immigrant who has been approved to come to Canada, register today! Learn more at arriveprepared.ca.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 778 591 9334.
- You live outside Canada
- You have received approval from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to immigrate to Canada. You must show that you have one of the following:
- Permanent Resident Card
- A letter notifying pickup of Canadian visa (visa for permanent residents only)
- A medical notification/security notification letter
- A Canadian visa
- You have an English level (IELTS) 5.5 or higher
- You have access to a computer and high speed Internet
- How to find out if your profession is regulated
- How to create an effective resume for a Canadian employer
- How to prepare for an interview
- What is culturally appropriate in the Canadian workplace
- How to negotiate and give constructive feedback
- How to work effectively with others
Professional Communication: Learn culturally appropriate communication and behaviours in the Canadian workplace.
Working with Others: Learn practical communication skills that you can apply immediately in the Canadian workplace.
Job Search Strategies: Learn and practice the skills you need to be more competitive for positions in the Canadian labour market.
Canadian Workplace Integration: Learn communication styles, how to adapt, and the power dynamics in the Canadian workplace.
Working in Canada: Learn about the characteristics of the Canadian workplace and how to integrate effectively into your field of employment.
Online service, so flexible hours to accommodate clients’ needs and time difference.
The soft skills courses can be completed in four weeks or less and job search strategies can be completed in six weeks or less depending on your pace.