About this program
You have excellent professional skills. All you need is to understand how to move your career to Canada. Career Mentors can help.
MOSAIC’s Workplace Connections Mentoring Program offers the opportunity to expand your professional network, gain accreditation, and hone your understanding of the local workplace culture.
Workplace Connections Career Mentors has over 140 Career Mentors in 20 professions. Each one has volunteered to share their working knowledge with immigrants like yourself. By meeting these experienced professionals, you will gain the knowledge you need to successfully enter the Canadian workplace.
Workplace Connections Mentorship can include:
- 3 months of one-on-one mentorship, once per week for approximately two hours.
- Information Mentorship sessions with Career Mentors or Peer Mentors.
- Working Circles Group Mentorship, facilitated by a Career Mentor, which focuses on a single profession and discussions related to that profession.
- Working Sessions Group Mentorship, for mentors and mentees from all professions. Working Sessions feature small group discussions and activities on topics important to finding and keeping a job in Canada. A great way to meet more professionals.
Clients are invited to participate in program events for up to 1 year, giving you access to a growing and diverse professional network.
- Be a Permanent Resident and eligible to work in Canada
- Have at least 2 years of experience in a chosen profession before coming to Canada
- Be ready to work
- Have been assessed at, or have completed, LINC 6 or higher
The knowledge and experience I gained from this partnership helped to polish my business communication skills and my understanding of the corporate environment in Canada. My mentor assisted with my resume and cover letter enhancement. She provided additional support and motivation which were critical in that period of my life. Julia Plamadeala, Workplace Connections Success Story