About this program
Workplace Connections Mentoring Program introduces immigrant professionals to local professionals in similar fields for career mentorship. Fields include Accounting, Architecture, Human Resources, Engineering, IT, Marketing, Business, Banking and Logistics.
In this program, you have the opportunity to meet our Career Mentors who volunteer to share their knowledge of the local labour market, workplace culture, and to assist you to build your professional network.
Workplace Connections Mentorship offers:
- Comprehensive mentorship preparation session.
- Three months of one-on-one mentorship or Information mentorship sessions with Career Mentors.
- Working Sessions – regular group mentorship, where Career Mentors and mentees from all professions meet in small groups to explore topics relevant to finding and keeping a job in Canada. A great way to build your network.
To join this program, you must;
- Be a Permanent Resident and eligible to work in Canada
- Have at least 2 years of experience in a chosen profession before coming to Canada
- Be ready to work
- Have been assessed at, or have completed, LINC 6 or higher
Interested in being a Workplace Connections Career Mentor? Click here to learn more!
This is not just any kind of mentoring, it’s a one-to-one opportunity which is customized to your aspirations and needs. Workplace Connections Mentee
This program has helped boost my self-confidence, improve my job-search skills, and create a social network with inspiring mentors. Workplace Connections Mentee