About this program
If you are feeling anxious or alone, as a first-time parent often isolated from your support structure, we are here to help. MOSAIC’s team of nurses, social workers and program staff will come to you in your own home to:
- Monitor your baby’s health and development
- Answer questions about feeding (breastfeeding / bottle feeding / solid food)
- Provide information on potty training
- Provide information on child developmental stages
- Talk about healthy meals
- Give ideas on how to play and interact with your child
- Talk about appropriate child discipline
- Share information on how to prepare your child for preschool / Kindergarten
Parents in this program will be assigned a MOSAIC “home visitor” who will visit your home approximately once per week to answer questions and concerns and provide parenting advice.
Building Blocks works with first-time parents only. We offer services to Vancouver-based parents who are expecting their first child or who have a baby under 6 months old. We can work with that family until the child turns 5 years old.
There can be no keener revelation of a society’s soul than the way in which it treats its children.Nelson Mandela