About this program
A voluntary community-based parenting program for first time parents who feel anxious or alone and feel they can benefit from having a consistent support. MOSAIC’s Building Blocks Vancouver team of Family Support Home Visitors, Nurses and Social Worker Consultants will visit your home to:
- Monitor your baby’s health and development while providing information about different milestones
- Share information on healthy nutrition and provide hands on support with feeding
- Promote healthy attachment between parent and child (supporting your child’s needs, reading baby’s cues, appropriate discipline)
- Introduce you to community resources that can help strengthen your family dynamics.
- Support you through various challenges to help you learn, grow and thrive together with your child.
- Support you and your child through transitions to daycare, preschool and sometimes kindergarten.
Parents in this program will be assigned a MOSAIC Family Support Home Visitor who will meet you approximately once per week to answer questions or concerns and provide parenting advice.
- We offer services to Vancouver-based parents who are expecting their first child
- Parents/caregivers whose first child is under 6 months old at the time of referral
- Parents can be referred by their health professionals (nurse, social worker, community worker) or they can self-refer by faxing the referral to 604-254-9636.
There can be no keener revelation of a society’s soul than the way in which it treats its children.Nelson Mandela