About this program
Every father can take an active role in parenting, even if it is a non-traditional one for some cultures. If you are a father, grandfather or guardian who wants to learn more about childhood development, how to communicate with your children, or prioritizing your relationship, our Connecting Fathers program of group sessions can help.
- Learn more about parenting, including new tools and how to apply them
- Learn how to build a closer relationship with your children
- Learn how to create a supportive environment
- Develop skills and plans for everyday life
- Share and learn from the challenges and experiences of other fathers
- Discuss specific concerns and goals
A father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow.Anonymous
- This program is available to all father figures, regardless of citizenship status
- Services are available in English and Spanish only
- Each weekly session in the 8-week program is 2 hours long, typically held from 6-8pm. Refreshments will be provided.
- One-on-one support may be available
The Connecting Fathers program is provided free of charge at the MOSAIC Vancouver office in the Community Room.
Children who grow up with an active father figure are more likely to succeed in life, with fewer social problems, improved learning skills and greater physical well-being. It is said that the greatest gift in life is our children, but the greatest gift we can give to our children is ourselves. Involved fathers bring benefits to children that no other person can easily replicate.
You can make a major difference in the life of your child – just by being a Dad.
Email or call 604 254 9626 ext. 256