MOSAIC Engage provides dynamic and learner-centered English classes to newcomers from around the world. Our professional and experienced teaching staff will give you the English needed to succeed in Vancouver.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you live in Vancouver and you need to learn English you can take our classes. This includes people on: Visitor visas, Work visas, Student visas, Citizens, or Permanent Residents on LINC waitlists.
In our classes you will study:
- English grammar for work and life in the community
- Writing activities designed to improve your accuracy & familiarity with different written formats
- Listening activities that will improve your confidence and ability to speak on the phone
- Vocabulary in themes and how to use it in real world settings
- Conversation strategies: polite and impolite small talk, follow up questions, etc.
- Pronunciation, sentence stress, and common contractions within Canadian English
- Idioms, slang and other idiosyncrasies common with Canadian English
Our tasked based teaching method is extremely flexible in adapting to the needs of our diverse student body. In addition to improving your English, our teachers craft their classroom activities to ensure that you receive unique support:
- Visitors can receive language for a variety of everyday tourism needs
- Work Visa Holders can receive training on Canadian workplace culture, professional communication, and Workplace rights.
- Citizens can receive English language that familiarizes them with Canadian culture.
- Student Visa Holders can receive academic English training.
- Permanent Residents can receive training on Canadian culture and history to assist in studying for their citizenship exam.
All newcomers will learn about resources for newcomers from MOSAIC which can answer your questions on permanent residency, citizenship, visa requirements, government documents, city services and more.
We have three convenient campuses located near transit and for drivers next to major roads or highways. Our main campus is at Commercial Broadway steps from the skytrain station and above the Starbucks. Our Brentwood campus is across the street from the Brentwood skytrain station and the Brentwood Mall. While our Newton location is less than a five minute walk from the Newton Bus loop.
For our classes you can pay in two payments. The first at the start of class and the second in the middle of the class.
Definitely. We want to make sure that our students receive the help they need. If you feel that we are not providing you with what you need you can ask for a refund. You are able to receive a refund until the last day of your first week in class. A $40 administration fee will be subtracted from your refund.
TESL Canada Certified
All of our instructors are have TESL Canada recognized training.
206-2555 Commercial Drive
Vancouver, B.C. V5N 4C1
Phone: 604 708 3905
Mon. – Thurs.: 11:30am – 2:45pm
Burnaby, BC V5C 5T1
Phone: 604 298 8201
Mon. Wed. Thurs.: 4:30pm – 9:00pm
200 – 7134 King George Blvd.
Surrey, BC V3W 5A3
Phone: 778 591 9334
Mon. Wed. Thurs.: 5:00pm – 8:00pm