MOSAIC Engage provides dynamic and learner-centered training to newcomers from around the world. Our professional and experienced teaching staff will give you the language tools to succeed in Vancouver.
June 10 – August 17
Sept. 3 – Oct. 26
Frequently Asked Questions
If you live in Vancouver and you need to learn English you can take our classes. This includes people on: Visitor visas, Work visas, Student visas, Citizens, or Permanent Residents on LINC waitlists.
In our classes you will study:
- English grammar for work and life in the community
- Writing activities designed to improve your accuracy & familiarity with different written formats
- Listening activities that will improve your confidence and ability to speak on the phone
- Vocabulary in themes and how to use it in real world settings
- Conversation strategies: polite and impolite small talk, follow up questions, etc.
- Pronunciation, sentence stress, and common contractions within Canadian English
- Idioms, slang and other idiosyncrasies common with Canadian English
Our tasked based teaching method is extremely flexible in adapting to the needs of our diverse student body. In addition to improving your English, our teachers craft their classroom activities to ensure that you receive unique support:
- Visitors can receive language for a variety of everyday tourism needs
- Work Visa Holders can receive training on Canadian workplace culture, professional communication, and Workplace rights.
- Citizens can receive English language that familiarizes them with Canadian culture.
- Student Visa Holders can receive academic English training.
- Permanent Residents can receive training on Canadian culture and history to assist in studying for their citizenship exam.
All newcomers will learn about resources for newcomers from MOSAIC which can answer your questions on permanent residency, citizenship, visa requirements, government documents, city services and more.
Our campus is at 2555 Commercial Drive (Google Maps) conveniently located just steps from the Commercial Broadway Sky train station. It is also in the heart of the thriving and diverse Commercial Drive strip full of renowned restaurants and coffee shops. Join us and become part of the unique culture of the Drive.
Our second campus is in the growing Brentwood neighbourhood across the street from the Brentwood Mall and Brentwood Skytrain station
We accept cash, cheque, debit or credit card. Discounted fees are available until the 6th week of the regular session.
For our classes you can pay in three installments. The first at the start of class and the second two in the middle and end of the class.
Definitely. We want to make sure that our students receive the help they need. If you feel that we are not providing you with what you need you can ask for a refund. You are able to receive a refund until the last day of your first week in class. A $40 administration fee will be subtracted from your refund.
TESL Canada Certified
All of our instructors are have TESL Canada recognized training.
206-2555 Commercial Drive
Vancouver, B.C. V5N 4C1
Phone: 604 708 3905
Mon. – Thurs.: 11:30am – 2:45pm
Burnaby, BC V5C 5T1
Phone: 604 298 8201
Mon. Wed. Thurs.: 4:30pm – 9:00pm