Free English Classes for New Immigrants & Refugees
We provide high quality English classes to refugees and immigrants from Literacy to Level 7. Classes help students participate in their community and at work or school as quickly as possible. All MOSAIC LINC students have access to an online classroom to help speed up learning. See below for details.
MOSAIC LINC classes have helped thousands of people improve their English since 1976.
Free childcare is provided for most classes.
Click here to learn more!
About LINC Classes
LINC classes are available at 7 locations with convenient class times to fit your schedule. Classes are 3 hours long, held in the morning, afternoon or evening. Class sizes are small, up to 18 people. Classes offer individual work, pair work and group work with modern teaching methods from caring, TESL-certified and experienced professionals. Classes include field trips and guest speakers.
In LINC classes you will:
- Improve listening, speaking, reading and writing
- Have extra practice anytime, anywhere in your online classroom
- Learn about Canadian culture
- Learn about workplace culture
- Earn your LINC certificate (certificates with Listening and Speaking at a minimum Level 4 are accepted as proof of language requirement for citizenship)
Improve your English to:
- Access health, education, financial, legal, family and recreational services
- Get a job
- Make friends
- Make life in Canada easier and more pleasant
- Complete the application form (PDF) and
- Photocopy your latest immigration documentation (see instructions on form)
- Submit the form AND the documentation by mail, fax or in-person to an assessment centre. Email applications are not accepted. (listed below)
Vancouver, Burnaby, North Shore
Vancouver LINC Assessment and Referral Centre
Western ESL Services
Room 208-2525 Commercial Dr.
Phone: 604 876 5756
Surrey, North Delta, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Maple Ridge, or the Fraser Valley
Surrey Language Assessment Centre
LINC Assessment and Referral Centre
#202 – 7337 137th Street
Surrey, BC V3W 1A4
Telephone (604) 507-4150 Fax (604) 507-4155
The Assessment and Referral Centre you will give you your assessment results and refer you to a LINC program.
- Register for a LINC program. Please have the following ready:
- Identification: Permanent Resident Card or Government Issues of Proof of Status
- Canadian Language Benchmark Report
Please apply directly to the school offering LINC classes.
- 206-2555 Commercial Drive, Vancouver, Phone 604-708-3905
- 304-2730 Commercial Drive, Vancouver, Phone 604-684-8825
Vancouver Schedule (PDF)
North Shore English Language Centre in partnership with North Shore Multicultural Society
205-123 East 15th St., North Vancouver, Phone 604-998-1065
North Shore Schedule (PDF)
- 101-1899 Willingdon Ave, Burnaby, Phone 604-298-8201 (registration available Monday – Friday)
- 6140 McKercher Ave, Burnaby, Phone 604-659-2219 (registration available Tuesday mornings only)
Burnaby Schedule (PDF)
MOSAIC Surrey Newcomers’ Centre
200 Suite A, 7134 King George Blvd, Surrey, Phone 778-591-9334
Surrey Schedule (PDF)
LINC Classes Are…
- FREE, thanks to the National Settlement Program by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
- Available in 8 levels (from beginner to advanced) including pre-literacy classes and specialized classes for workplace language
- Available mornings, afternoons or evenings
- Include online practice sessions you can do anytime, anywhere
- Free childcare (currently waitlisted in some locations)
If you are not a permanent resident, and not eligible for LINC classes, MOSAIC has fee for service classes. Click here to learn more.
Students practice vocabulary and listening and review what they learned in class. They can do extra study in grammar, pronunciation, culture and more.
MOSAIC also has blended classes, meaning students have both classroom and online lessons and projects, interacting in writing forums, listening activities, researching and reporting – all in Canadian workplace language style.