CARES remains committed to serving Burnaby seniors during COVID-19.
We are currently providing services by telephone, email, and video call Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm.
About this program
MOSAIC's CARES Social Prescribing for Seniors provides an innovative service for older adults who require support connecting to their community or learning to address their health and well-being needs - Social Prescribing works alongside clinical treatments to address people’s needs in a holistic way.
MOSAIC works collaboratively with the Burnaby Primary Care Network team and other stakeholders in the community to deliver these services, and offers comprehensive case management support and track clients' progress over four to six months.
Social prescriptions may include:
- Personal coaching, information and education
- Nutrition/food security programs
social programs and services in the community
- Physical activity programs, field trips
- Link to a community volunteer to help with non-medical essentials
Seniors residing in the Burnaby area who may be:
- At risk of frailty
- Experiencing decline in physical and/or emotional health
- Experiencing language and cultural barriers
- Feeling isolated, not connected to local communities
- Making frequent trips to ER or primary care
- Requiring support in order to remain independent
- Wanting to become more physically active and/or socially connected
Language support is available - please contact us to arrange for interpretation.
Funded by the Government of BC
and managed by United Way