MOSAIC has launched a new federal initiative to educate and support migrant workers, employers and resource agencies serving both groups within the province of British Columbia.
- June 2: Forum on Migrant Worker Issues
- June 15: Resource Fair for Village Farm Workers
- June 23: 15th Anniversary of SAWP Celebration
- July 7: Summer Resource Fair for Migrant Workers
- Educating migrant workers about their rights and accessible services and resources; improving their work experiences in Canada; and providing a trusted channel to bring forward issues or allegations of abuse or wrongdoing.
- Supporting employers in understanding and meeting program conditions and requirements.
- Enhancing the knowledge and capacity of support organizations to meet the needs of migrant workers and/or employers.
MOSAIC is currently accepting requests for collaboration from registered BC not for profit organizations that have experience in supporting migrant workers and/or employers for the purposes of making a positive impact on migrant workers and employers in BC and to support the Government of Canada’s Migrant Worker Support Network BC Pilot led by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC). The requested funding amount per organization should not exceed $120,000. All approved activities are to be performed during the period from April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020.
To submit a request for collaboration, please use the enclosed Request for Collaboration Form.
Frequently Asked Questions
The project is funded by the Government of Canada’s Migrant Worker Support Network BC Pilot led by Employment and Social Development Canada.