During COVID-19, we are providing services by phone, email, and in-person by appointment, 9 am-5 pm, Monday to Friday. To get help from this program, or to refer someone to this program, please call 236 688 8107 or email Shivani Raheja at email@example.com.
About this program
Gender-Based Enhanced Settlement Program (GESP) is a unique program designed to support newcomer families. Sometimes the settlement process can be hard on newcomer families and may impact the family dynamics. Services under this program are available for both men and women to strengthen healthy relationships during their settlement and integration process. GESP program is free and confidential.
- Assistance with identifying needs
- Information about gender roles and responsibilities in Canada
- Emotional support
- Informational workshops on various topics
- Assistance with developing a support network
- Referrals to other community services and resources
- Permanent Residents and Conventional Refugee.
How does it work?
- Call to speak with the Settlement Support worker
- Have a confidential conversation
- Worker speaks English, Hindi and Punjabi
- Interpretation is available if there is a language barrier
- Receive Information on services available
- Learn about other resources and referrals
- Attend monthly workshops and weekly sessions
- Bus Tickets are provided as needed to travel to workshops and sessions
*Presently all services and workshops are provided online.
- Interpretation is available.