Immigration and Poverty Law Information for Newcomers
Are you an immigrant or refugee in need of legal advice? We can help.
MOSAIC’s Legal Advocacy Program provides information, summary advice, referrals and legal representation to low-income immigrants and refugees. We help newcomers navigate the Canadian legal system, ensuring that they are informed of their legal rights and responsibilities.
All advocacy services are provided free of charge to eligible individuals.
Financial assessment guidelines are used to determine client eligibility.
Although legal advocacy services are provided free of charge, filing or application fees are at clients’ expense.
- Email email@example.com or call 604-254-9626
- We will call you to assess your eligibility
- We will schedule an intake assessment with a legal advocate at the MOSAIC Vancouver office. Please arrive at least 10 minutes early to complete the necessary paperwork.
During our intake assessment, we may provide summary assessment or refer you to another organization or agency for specialized support.
Interpreter services may be available upon request. For your first visit, please bring a friend or relative to assist in interpretation.
- Permanent residency for Convention Refugees or Protected Persons
- Citizenship issues for former refugees and people with disabilities
- Difficulties in obtaining or renewing PR card for refugees and people with disabilities
- Permanent residency for permit-holder class
- Work permits for refugees and others needing a work permit to qualify for income assistance
We are unable to provide legal assistance with the refugee determination system. Please contact Legal Services Society (Legal Aid) at 604-601-6076 for help with refugee claims or appeals.
- Income Security, Canada Pension Plan (CPP)
- Employment Insurance
- Employment Standards
- Debt (such as Canada Revenue Agency, Medical Services Plan)
Surround yourself with people who are only going to lift you higher.Anonymous