During COVID-19, the I Belong Program remains committed to supporting LGBTQIA+ refugees, immigrants, and people of diverse backgrounds. Services are available online and by phone– our priority is to provide meaningful support and to minimize social isolation during this difficult time:
- To register for our Zoom groups, or for individual support and guidance, email email@example.com, or call 236-991-0107, 9am - 5pm Monday - Friday.
- Our Peer Support Group will be offered online via Zoom on the second Monday of each month, 5:30 - 7:30pm.
- Our Counselling Support Group will be offered online via Zoom on the last Monday of each month, 6:30 - 8:30pm.
- One-on-one and group services are delivered in English – however, additional language support is available. Please contact our staff in advance of your appointment or group to arrange for this.
- *NEW* - Our Beyond Borders & Binaries Group will be offered online via Zoom on the 3rd Monday of each month, 6:30-8:30 pm.
I Belong - LGBTQIA2+ Community Resources
I Belong supports LGBTQIA2+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Queer/Questioning) immigrant newcomers by facilitating discussions around sexuality, gender, race, culture, and class.
Often faced with being a ‘minority within a minority’, the I Belong program aims to support the unique needs of LGBTQIA2+ immigrants. LGBTQIA2+ immigrants face barriers ranging from racism, homophobia, transphobia and isolation, to logistical issues such as finding resources and support services, safe housing and employment.
The I Belong program aims to bridge this gap in understanding the unique needs of LGBTQIA2+ newcomers and to provide support by raising awareness and offering support groups.
Group and one-on-one services are delivered in English. Additional language support is available upon request.
As long as you are happy does it matter who you fall in love with.Anonymous
Trans Newcomer Online Resource Hub
The trans resource hub provides information and support to folks who identify as transgender, transsexual, nonbinary, gender nonconforming, genderqueer, two-spirited, agender, polygender, bigender, and many more gender identities and expressions that are different from expectations based on their sex assigned at birth. To learn more, please visit trans.mosaicbc.org.
To register for any of our I Belong programs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kiana Reyes at 236-991-0107. Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm.
I Belong is made possible through the funding of the Foundation of Hope and in-kind support by MOSAIC.