About this program
Are you new in Canada? Dealing with health issues, poverty, a lack of English, or feel isolated? We can help.
We know it can take many years to feel a part of a new community. MOSAIC Settlement & Integration Services help a variety of new immigrants to Canada, but for those who need more help, we offer our Moving Ahead Program.
Moving Ahead services
Moving Ahead clients will be paired with a Case Manager who will provide services in the community and in client homes.
Moving Ahead programs include:
- One-on-one case management support
- Information orientation workshops about Canada
- Assistance to access various community services and resources
- Group conversation circles to meet people & practice English
- Life skills classes (daily English use, basic computer training, social skills, labour market information and job search skills)
- Newcomers’ Group to connect to other people
- Community participation opportunities e.g. volunteering and community events
Each activity is tailored specifically to the higher needs of these clients. Most clients participate in the program for about one year.
Who uses Moving Ahead?
Some clients need more dedicated and intensive case management. Many struggled before coming to Canada, and face more challenges here.
If you are dealing with any of the following, our Moving Ahead Program offers services and support on dealing with hardships, gaining life skills, accessing community support and learning about Canadian culture.
Moving Ahead is ideal for newcomers facing settlement difficulties such as:
- Lack of English
- Literacy challenges
- Adaptation problems
- Accessing community resources
- Health issues e.g. Trauma, physical and mental health
- Isolation or lack of social support
- Lack of life skills (e.g. job-readiness, English and computer skills)
For Youth age 16-28, please see Moving Ahead FreeRunning.