MOSAIC’s Response and How You Can Help
MOSAIC is working alongside the Afghan and wider Canadian community to provide meaningful refugee resettlement and integration support.
We are encouraged by the federal government’s announcement that Canada will assist 20,000 Afghans in need of lifesaving resettlement. We are one of the major Sponsorship Agreement Holders in Canada and will be applying our years of expertise to lead a large-scale sponsorship response, co-sponsoring as many eligible refugees as possible to Canada..
Donate: To support our lifesaving sponsorship and integration efforts alongside the Afghan community, donations can be made to MOSAIC’s Afghan Refugee Response Fund, here.
Volunteer: For information about volunteer opportunities please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Private Sponsorship of Refugees
In the early 2000s, MOSAIC played a critical role in connecting 1200 people to private sponsorship placements. This passion resulted in MOSAIC becoming a Sponsorship Agreement Holder (SAH) with the Canadian Government in 2017. This allows us to support refugees to resettle in Canada through Canada’s Private Sponsorship of Refugees (PSR) Program. In the past five years, we have been involved with the private sponsorship of 346 refugees in need of resettlement and our exceptional work has been recognized by the United Nations Refugee Agency on the global stage.
On August 13, the Canadian Government announced an expanded resettlement program intended to resettle 20,000 Afghan refugees. This includes:
- A “Special Program for Afghans who Assisted the Canadian Government” which is primarily for Afghans who worked for the Canadian government. People inside and outside of Afghanistan are eligible for this program.
- A commitment to resettlement for Afghans who are outside of Afghanistan. Details of this program have not yet been finalized by the Government of Canada. As a Sponsorship Agreement Holder, MOSAIC is standing by and ready to provide essential support as soon as this is possible.
If you have family from Afghanistan who are outside of Afghanistan and in need of resettlement, please complete the registration form below.
Please note: We are waiting for updates from the Government of Canada. Emailing us does not mean that your family has been registered for sponsorship or that their sponsorship is guaranteed. Please do not email sensitive or personal information. People within Afghanistan are not eligible for this program
Registration for Interest in MOSAIC Family linked Afghan Refugee Sponsorship Initiative
MOSAIC is walking beside members of the Afghan community during this time of crisis. Our hearts ache and we are called to action. Everyone deserves to live in safety, in a country where women are free to share their voice and children know they can pursue their dreams.
As one of Canada’s key leaders in Private Refugee Sponsorship, MOSAIC changes lives and will be resettling as many Afghan refugees as possible to Canada. Together we can do remarkable things… but we need your help.
Join us on ZOOM, Monday, October 4th at 5:30pm to explore:
- What is MOSAIC’s Afghan Refugee Response and how can you support this vital work?
- How can you effectively connect with your communities to support Afghan Refugees?
- What are the concrete ways you can help resettle refugees to Canada and change lives forever?
- How can you volunteer and make a lasting impact?
Registration is required by 12:00pm Monday, October 4th, register here.