About this program
Our TIES matching program matches refugee families with established “Canadian” families.
Connecting with others in your new community is an important step. Making new friends and contacts helps Newcomer to feel at home in Canada. Joining in activities with new friends and finding opportunities for people with common interests to gather, is an integral part in settlement.
The matches are done by keeping family composition, geographic location and interests in mind.
TIES – what does it stand for?
T = Thrive
I = Inspire
E = Empower
S = Succeed
When Families make new ties, they built community, they are able to Thrive, be Inspired, become Empowered and able to Succeed.
If you are interested in participating in TIES, or have any questions, please call 604-254-9626 or email email@example.com.
By chance we met, by choice we became friends!Millie Huang
All families in the TIES program must:
- Commit to spending a minimum of four hours per month for one year with a matched family
- Sign a code of conduct
- attend a training session (all family members over age 14)
- Pass a criminal records check (only applicable for refugee families if they’ve been in Canada for more than one year)
MOSAIC will provide:
- Ongoing support and guidance to matched families
- An event that all families can attend every second month